Skip to main content
Department: Master of Construction Law and Dispute Resolutions
Module Description: This module is intended for students who do not have a professional Law background. The module therefore provides an introduction to the key aspects and features of relevant legal systems which form the foundation for law in the construction industry. Topics include: nature of law, major legal traditions, common law, civil law and Shari'a, the law of contract, particular contracts, law of tort, remedies and defences, restitutionary remedies, torts, intro to public law, intro to European law and property.
- E Mckendrick, Contract Law (12th edn, Palgrave Macmillan, Hampshire 2017).
- E Peel, Treitel: The Law of Contract (14th edn, Thomson Reuters, London 2015).
- E MacIntyre, Business Law (9th rev. ed, Pearson UK 2018).
- R Ward, A Akhtar, Walker & Walker’s English Legal System (11th edn, Oxford University Press, Oxford 2011).
- C Boundy, Business Contracts Handbook (Gower, 2010).
- M. Keshavjee, Islam, Sharia and Alternative Dispute: Mechanism for Legal Redress in the Muslim Community (A.B. Tauris, 2013).
- E. Al Tamimi, Practical Guide to Litigation and Arbitration in the United Arab Emirates : A Detailed Guide to Litigation and Arbitration in the United Arab Emirates (Kluwer Law International, 2003)
- M. Grose, Construction Law in the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf (Wiley Blackwell, 2016).