Skip to main content
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: This module supports the students in the analysis of engineering information; presentation and analysis of data in the development of engineering models of the systems and the use of data and theoretical concepts to make engineering decisions for products, processes designs and problem solving.
This module develops a critical understanding of the statistical methodologies which underpin a range of engineering activities. The aim is to cover the common types of problems in engineering practice; engineering scenarios and problems providing the basis for practical – tutorials and computer classes.
- Johnson, R., Miller, I. & Freund, J. (2018). Miller & Freund’s probability and statistics for engineers. 10th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson.
- Walpole, R., Myers, R., Myers, S. & Ye, K. (2014). Essentials of probability and statistics for engineers and scientists. Harlow, England: Pearson.
- Montgomery, D.C., Runger, G.C. & Hubele, N.F. (2012). Engineering statistics. 5th edn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Vining, G. & Kowalski, S.M. (2011). Statistical methods for engineers. 3rd edn. Australia: Cengage.
- Walpole, R., Myers, R., Myers, S. & Ye, K. (2014). Probability and statistics for engineers and scientists. 9th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson Education.