Skip to main content
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: Acquire deep understanding of the theories and practices of Six Sigma and associated quality assurance and management principles and directly apply them to a variety of engineering products and service industries. Also will develop conceptual knowledge of total quality management philosophies.
- Antony, J., Kumar, A. & Banuelas, R. (2006). World class applications of six sigma: real world examples of success. A Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Arthur, J. (2016). Lean six sigma for hospitals: simple steps to fast, affordable, and flawless healthcare. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Asefeso, A. (2012). Design for six sigma (DFSS). lulu.com.
- Bass, I. & Lawton, B. (2009). Lean six sigma using sigmaXL and minitab. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Bloom, D. (2013). Achieving HR excellence through six sigma. Productivity Press.
- Breyfogle, F.W. (2003). Implementing six sigma: smarter solutions using statistical methods. 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons.
- Brue, G. (2014). Six sigma for managers: 24 lessons to understand and apply six sigma principles in any organization. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Professional Education Series
- Ficalora, J.P. & Cohen, L. (2012). Quality function deployment and six sigma: a QFD handbook. 2nd edn. Prentice Hall.
- George, M.L., Rowlands, D. & Kastle, B. (2003). What is lean six sigma? McGraw-Hill.
- Harry, M. & Schroeder, R. (2006). Six sigma: the breakthrough management strategy revolutionizing the world's top corporations. Crown Business.
- Morgan, J. & Brenig-Jones, M. (2015). Lean six sigma for dummies. 3rd edn. John Wiley & Sons.
- Pande, P. & Holpp, L. (2001). What is six sigma? McGraw-Hill.
- Persse, J.R. (2006). Process improvement essentials: CMMI, six sigma, and ISO 9001. O'Reilly Media.
- Satori, M. (2013). Study blast six sigma green belt (lean): six sigma green belt exam review. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Shaked, D. (2013). Strength-based lean six sigma: building positive and engaging business improvement. Kogan Page.
- Shankar, R. (2009). Process improvement using six sigma: a DMAIC guide. ASQ Quality Press.