Skip to main content
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: Acquire deep understanding and to familiarise students with the latest thinking in Total Quality Management and best practice management. To examine in detail different models for managing quality and best practice throughout organisations. To enable participants to understand how organizations manage and improve processes to support policy and strategy and fully satisfy, and generate increasing value for customers and other stakeholders.
- Burnes, B. (2017). Managing change. 7th edn. Harlow: Pearson.
- Dale, B. G., Wiele, T. & Iwaarden, J. (2016). Managing quality. 6th edn. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Evans, J. R. (2016). Quality and performance excellence. 8th edn. South-Western College.
- Franz, P. & Kirchmer, M. (2012). Value-driven business process management: the value-switch for lasting competitive advantage. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Goetsch, D.L. (2016). Quality management for organization excellence: introduction to total quality. 8th edn. Prentice Hall.
- Hoyle, D. (2006). Quality management essentials. Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Hughes, M. (2015). Managing change: a critical perspective. 2nd edn. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Merchant, K. & Vaner Stede, W. (2017). Management control systems: performance measurement, evaluation and incentives. 4th edn. Financial Times/ Prentice Hall.
- Oakland, J. S. (2014). Total quality management and operational excellence: text with cases. 4th edn. Elsevier Science & Technology Books.
- Omachonu, V. K., Swift, J. A. & Ross, J. E. (2004). Principles of total quality. 3rd edn. CRC.
- Suzaki, K. (2012). The new manufacturing challenge: techniques for continuous improvement. Free Press.