Skip to main content
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: Supply Chain Management capability within business has, over the last decade in particular, taken on a much more significant role in enabling business to gain competitive advantage and deliver bottom line performance. As companies strive to identify their competitive edge, the application of supply chain concepts will continue to exert greater influence on overall business success. This module covers a wide range of topics in supply chain strategies, design, planning, operations and development. Emphasis has been laid mainly on the perspective of supply chain integration process. Releasing value in business through relationship management, cost reduction and lean supply have been the key considerations.
- Blanchard, D. (2010). Supply chain management best practices. 2nd edn. Wiley.
- Bowersox, D. J. (2012). Supply chain logistics management. 4th edn. McGraw-Hill Education (India).
- Crandall, R.E., Crandall, W.R. & Chen, C. (2015). Principles of supply chain management. 2nd edn. CRC Press.
- Eyob, E. & Tetteh, E. (2012). Customer-oriented global supply chains: concepts for effective management. IGI Global Snippet.
- Fawcett, S.E., Ellram, L.M. & Ogden, J.A. (2014). Supply chain management: from vision to implementation. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Ferguson, M.E. & Souza, G.C. (2010). Closed-loop supply chains: new developments to improve the sustainability of business practices: supply chain integration modeling, optimization and application. Auerbach Publications.
- Fisher, M.L. & Raman, A. (2010). The new science of retailing: how analytics are transforming the supply chain and improving performance. Harvard Business Press.
- Hugos, M.H. (2011). Essentials of supply chain management. 3rd edn. Wiley.
- Coyle, J. J. (2013). Managing supply chains: a logistics approach. South-Western Cengage Learning.
- Levi, D.S., Kaminsky, P. & Levi, E.S. (2009). Designing and managing the supply chain: concepts, strategies and case studies. McGraw-Hill.
- Li, L. (2007). Supply chain management: concepts, techniques and practices enhancing the value through collaboration. World Scientific.
- Luo, Z. (2012). Innovations in logistics and supply chain management technologies for dynamic economies. IGI Global Snippet.
- Lysons, K. & Farrington, B. (2016). Procurement and supply chain management. 9th edn. Pearson Education, Limited.
- Myerson, P. (2012). Lean supply chain and logistics management. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Ravindran, A.R. & Warsing, D. Jr. (2017). Supply chain engineering: models and applications. CRC Press.
- Ross, D.F. (2010). Introduction to supply chain management technologies. 2nd edn. CRC Press.
- Schönsleben, P. (2010). Integral logistics management: operations and supply chain management within and across companies. 4th edn. Taylor & Francis.
- Sehgal, V. (2009). Enterprise supply chain management: integrating best in class processes. 1st ed. Wiley.
- Shah, J. (2009). Supply chain management: text and cases. Pearson Education India.
- Verma, R., Boyer, K.K. & Boyer, K.D. (2010). Operations and supply chain management: world class theory and practice. Southwestern/Cengage Learning.
- Wang, J. (2011). Supply chain optimization, management and integration: emerging applications. IGI Global.
- Wang, J. (2012). Information technologies, methods, and techniques of supply chain management. IGI Global.
- Wisner, J.D. (2019). Principles of supply chain management: a balanced approach. 5th edn. Cengage Learning.