Skip to main content
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: To develop a comprehensive understanding of the issues influencing the management of the supply chain in global business environments. The focus of the module will be on strategic operations issues and decision support systems and frameworks. Also to provide a strategic perspective of the value cycle from creation, through production, distribution and recovery.
- Blanchard, D. (2010). Supply chain management best practices. 2nd edn. Wiley.
- Chopra, S. (2016). Supply chain management. 6th edn. Pearson Education.
- Crandall, R.E., Crandall, W.R. & Chen, C. (2015). Principles of supply chain management. 2nd edn. CRC Press.
- Eyob, E. & Tetteh, E. (2012). Customer-oriented global supply chains: concepts for effective management. IGI Global Snippet.
- Fawcett, S.E., Ellram, L.M. & Ogden, J.A. (2014). Supply chain management: from vision to implementation. Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Ferguson, M.E. & Souza, G.C. (2010). Closed-loop supply chains: new developments to improve the sustainability of business practices. Auerbach Publications.
- Fisher, M.L. & Raman, A. (2010). The new science of retailing: how analytics are transforming the supply chain and improving performance. Harvard Business Press.
- Hugos, M.H. (2018). Essentials of supply chain management. 4th edn. Wiley.
- Coyle, J. J. (2013). Managing supply chains: a logistics approach. South-Western Cengage Learning.
- Li, L. (2007). Supply chain management: concepts, techniques and practices enhancing the value through collaboration. World Scientific.
- Luo, Z. (2012). Innovations in logistics and supply chain management technologies for dynamic economies. IGI Global Snippet.
- Lysons, K. & Farrington, B. (2012). Purchasing and supply chain management. Pearson Education, Limited.
- Myerson, P. (2012). Lean supply chain and logistics management. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Ravindran, A.R. & Warsing, D. Jr. (2017). Supply chain engineering: models and applications. CRC Press.
- Ross, D.F. (2010). Introduction to supply chain management technologies. 2nd edn. CRC Press.
- Schönsleben, P. (2016). Integral logistics management: operations and supply chain management within and across companies. 5th edn. Taylor & Francis.
- Sehgal, V. (2009). Enterprise supply chain management: integrating best in class processes. 1st ed. Wiley.
- Shah, J. (2017). Supply chain management: text and cases. 2nd edn. Pearson Education India.
- Verma, R., Boyer, K.K. & Boyer, K.D. (2010). Operations and supply chain management: world class theory and practice. Southwestern/Cengage Learning.
- Wang, J. (2011). Supply chain optimization, management and integration: emerging applications. IGI Global.
- Wang, J. (2012). Information technologies, methods, and techniques of supply chain management. IGI Global.
- Wisner, J.D. (2019). Principles of supply chain management: a balanced approach. 5th edn. Cengage Learning.