Skip to main content
Department: MSc Finance
Module Description: To provide a clear understanding of the operations of major financial markets, and the principles of modern investment management. It also provides a solid understanding of the theory and practice of modern banking.
- Bodie, Z., Kane A. and Marcus, A. (2011). Investments and portfolio management. 9th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Mishkin, F. S. and Eakins, S. G. (2015). Financial markets and institutions. 8th edition, Global edn. Boston, Massachusetts: Pearson,
- Saunders, A. and Cornett, M. (2017). Financial institutions management: a risk management approach. 9th edn. Boston: McGraw-Hill.
- Elton, E., Gruber, M., Brown, S. and Goetzmann, W. (2014). Modern portfolio theory and investment analysis. 9th edn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Hall, R. B. (2008). Central banking as global governance: constructing financial credibility. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Heffernan, S. (2005). Modern banking. England: John Wiley & Sons.
- Mullineux, A.W. and Murinde, V. (2003). Handbook of international banking. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Rosenbaum, J., Pearl, J. and Harris, J. (2013). Investment banking: valuation, leveraged buyouts, and mergers and acquisitions. 2nd edn. Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons.