Skip to main content
Department: BSc in Business Management
Module Description: This module introduces students to the concept of innovation and leadership. The module provides students with basic knowledge and understanding of the role of leadership in organising successful innovation.
- Conway, S. and Steward, F. (2009). Managing and shaping innovation. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Dulaimi, M. (2007). Case studies on knowledge sharing across cultural boundaries. Journal of Engineering, Construction, and Architectural Management, vol. 14(6), pp. 550-567. Open resource
- Dulaimi, M. and Ang, A.F. (2009). Elements of learning organisations in Singapore’s construction industry. Emirates Journal of Engineering Research, vol. 14(1), pp. 83-92. Open resource
- Gratton, L. (2007). Hot spots: why some companies buzz with energy and innovation - and others don't. Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Hargadon, A. and Sutton, R. I. (2000). Building an innovation factory. Harvard Business Review, vol. 78(3), pp. 157–166.
- Tidd, J. and Bessant, J. R. (2018). Managing innovation: integrating technological, market and organizational change. 6th edn. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Trott, P. (2005). Innovation management and new product development. 3rd edn. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Utterback, J. M. (1994). Mastering the dynamics of innovation: how companies can seize opportunities in the face of technological change. Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School Press.