Skip to main content
Department: Master of Construction Law and Dispute Resolutions
Module Description: This module aims to provide sufficient knowledge of all the requirements for the writing of a final, reasoned and enforceable arbitration Award in a commercial dispute. This module focuses on international commercial arbitration as it applies to construction, including issues which are specific to Dubai, the UAE and the wider Gulf Region.
- R Turner, Arbitration Award: A practical Approach (Blackwell Publishing, 2005).
- E Al-Tamimi, Practical Guide to Litigation and Arbitration in the United Arab Emirates (Kluwer Law International, Netherlands 2003).
- G. Blanke, Commentary on the UAE Arbitration Chapter (Thomson Reuters, 2017).
- G B Born, International Commercial Arbitration (Wolters Kluwer, Law & Business, 2014).
- A H El-Ahdab, J El-Ahdab, Arbitration with the Arab Countries (3rd edn, Wolters Kluwer, Alphen aan den Rijn 2011).
- N Blackaby and C Partasides, Redfern and Hunter on International Arbitration (6th edn, Oxford University Press, New York 2015).
- P Capper, International Arbitration: A Handbook (3rd edn, LLP, London 2004).
- S Saleh, Commercial Arbitration in the Arab Middle East (2nd edn, Hart Publishing, Oxford 2006).
- J A Tackaberry and A Marriott, Bernstein’s Handbook of Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Practice (4th edn, Sweet & Maxwell, London 2003)
- G B Born, International Arbitration: Law and Practice (Kluwer Law International, 2016).
- G B Born, International Arbitration: Cases and Materials (Aspen Publishers; null edition, 2010).
- A Elattar, Enforcement of International Arbitration Awards: A Comparative Study between Egypt, USA and the Gulf Cooperation Council (LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2013).
- V K Bhatia and G Garzone, Arbitration Awards: Generic Features and Textual Realisation (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012).