Management and Leadership
- Abell, S. K. & Lederman, N. G. (eds). (2007). Handbook of research on science education. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Enger, S. & Yager, R. (2009). Assessing student understanding in science: a standard-based K-12 handbook. Thousand Oak, CA: Corwin Press.
- National Research Council. (2000). Inquiry and the National Science Education Standards: a guide for teaching and learning. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Nola, R. & Irzik, G. (2005). Philosophy, science, education, and culture: contemporary trends and issues in science education. Dordrecht: Springer Publishing Company.
- Trends in International Math and Science Study (2013). TIMSS 2011 results. Open resource
Special Inclusive Education
- Bradshaw, K. (2004). Special education in the United Arab Emirates: anxieties, attitudes and aspirations. International Journal of Special Education, vol. 19(1), pp.49-55. Open resource
- Gaad, E. & Thabet, R. (2009). Needs assessment for effective inclusion in United Arab Emirates’ government schools. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, vol. 4(6), pp. 159-171. Request this item
- Kopsovich, R. D. (2001). A study of correlations between learning styles of students and their mathematics scores on the Texas Assessment of Academic Skills Test. Ph.D. Thesis. University of North Texas. Open resource
- OECD. (2012). Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA): 2009 results: what students know and can do: student performance in reading, mathematics and science, volume I [online]. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Open resource
- Salvia, J., Ysseldyke, J. & Bolt, S. (2017). Assessment in special and inclusive education. 13th edn. Wadsworth Publishing.
- Stefanakis, E. H. & Meier, D. (2010). Differentiated assessment: how to assess the learning potential of every student (Grades 6–12). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Al Rosan, F. (1999). Assessment & diagnosis of special education (in Arabic). Dar E L. Fekr. Aman.
- Abedi, J. (2004). The no child left behind act and English language learners: assessment and accountability issues. Educational Researcher, vol. 33(1), pp. 4-14.
- Alderson, J. C. (2000). Assessing reading. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Bachman, L. F. & Cohen, A. D. (1998). Interfaces between second language acquisition and language testing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Brantly, D. (2007). Instructional assessment of ELLs in the K-8 classroom. Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Brown, H. D. & Abeywickrama, P. (2019). Language assessment. 3rd edn. Pearson.
- Buck, G. (2001). Assessing listening. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Chapelle, C. A. (2001). Computer applications in second language acquisition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Cheng, L. (2005). Changing language teaching through language testing: a washback study. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Coombe, C., Davidson, P. & Lloyd, D. (2005). The fundamentals of language assessment: a practical guide for teachers in the Gulf. Dubai, UAE: TESOL Arabia.
- Coombe, C., Davidson, P. & Wayne, J. (2005). Assessment in the Arab world. Dubai, UAE: TESOL Arabia.
- Coombe, C., Davidson, P. & Lloyd, D. (eds). (2006). Proceedings of the 7th and 8th current trends in English Language testing (CTELT) conference. Dubai, UAE: TESOL Arabia.
- Coombe, C., Folse, K. & Hubley, N. (2007). A practical guide to assessing English language learners. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- Davies, A. (1990). Principles of language testing. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.
- Fulcher, G. (2003). Testing second language speaking. London: Pearson Longman.
- Genesee, F. & Upshur, J. A. (1996). Classroom-based evaluation in second language education. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Gonzalez, V., Brusca-Vega, R. & Yawkey, T. (1997). Assessment and instruction of culturally and linguistically diverse students with or at-risk of learning problems: from research to practice. Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Hawkey, R. (2004). A modular approach to testing English language skills: the development of the Certificate in English language skills (CELS) examinations. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Herrera, S., Cabral, R. & Murry, K. (2012). Assessment accommodations for classroom teachers of culturally and linguistically diverse students. 2nd edn. Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Hurley, S. R. & Tinajero, J. V. (2001). Literacy assessment of second language learners. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Kopriva, R. (2008). Improving testing for English language learners. Routledge.
- Luoma, S. (2004). Assessing speaking. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Madsen, H.S. (1983). Techniques in testing. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- O’Malley, J. M. & Pierce, L.V. (1996). Authentic assessment for English language learners: practical approaches for teachers. Boston, MA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Ovando, C. J., Collier, V. P. & Combs, M. C. (2018). Bilingual and ESL classrooms: teaching in multicultural contexts. 6th edn. Boston: McGraw-Hill.
- Purpura, J. E. (2004). Assessing grammar. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Read, J. (2000). Assessing vocabulary. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Shohamy, E. (2001). The power of tests: a critical perspective on the uses of language tests. New York, NY: Longman.
- Underhill, N. (1987). Testing spoken language: a handbook of oral testing techniques. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wall, D. (2005). The impact of high-stakes examination on classroom teaching: a case study using insights from testing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Weigle, S. C. (2002). Assessing writing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.