- Borko, H. (2004). Professional development and teacher learning: Mapping the terrain. Educational Researcher, vol. 33(8), pp. 3–15.
- DeMont, J. (2013). High-Quality Professional Development for Teachers: Supporting Teacher Training to Improve Student Learning. Open resource
- Heller, J. I., Dahler, K. R., Wong, N., Shinohara, M. and Miratrix, L. W. (2012). Differential effects of three professional development models on teacher knowledge and student achievement in elementary science. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, vol. 49(3), pp. 333–362. Request this item
- Kennedy, M. M. (2016). How does professional development improve teaching? Review of Educational Research, vol.86 (4), pp. 945-980.
- Sher, L. and O’Reilly, F. E. (2009). Professional development for K-12 math and science teachers: what do we really know? Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness, vol. 2, pp. 209–249.
Reflect on own practice
Engage in professional growth