Skip to main content
Department: MSc Systems Engineering
Module Description: This module is designed to enable students to understand dynamic modelling and simulation methods for power, process and general engineering systems. Specific instruction on the use of commercially available software suites will be presented. Application studies will be considered.
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) (2009). Duct design, in 2009 ASHRAE fundamentals handbook. Ch. 21. Atlanta: ASHRAE.
- Grehant, B. (1996). Acoustics in buildings. London: American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Nise, N.S. (2011). Control systems engineering. 6th edn. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.
- Tewari, A. (2002). Modern control system design with MATLAB and SIMULINK. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Travis, J. and Kring, J. (2007). LabView for everyone: graphical programming made easy and fun. Upper Saddle, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Smith, C.A. & Corripio, A.B. (2006). Principles and practice of automatic process control. 3rd edn. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Wright, R.T. and Boorse, D.F. (2017). Environmental science: towards a sustainable future. 13th edn. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education.