Skip to main content
Department: MSc Systems Engineering
Module Description: This module introduces students to process system modelling, control and simulation methods using modern digital computation methods to validate theoretical predictions. Frequency and time domain methods will be employed to analyse typical process system applications. Transfer function descriptions for linear, non- linear, rational and irrational system models will be investigated representing lumped and distributed configurations.
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) (2013). Duct design, in 2013 ASHRAE fundamentals handbook. Ch. 21. Atlanta: ASHRAE.
- Balcomb, J.D. (ed.). (1992). Passive solar buildings. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Haines, R.W. and Hittle, D.C. (2006). Control systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning. 6th edn. New York: Springer..
- Nagrath, I. J. and Gopal, M. (2008). Control systems engineering. 5th edn. Kent, UK: Anshan.
- Palm, W. J. (1986). Control systems engineering. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Skogestad, S. and Postlethwaite, I. (2005). Multivariable feedback control: analysis and design. 2nd edn. West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons.
- Smith, C.A. and Corripio, A.B. (2006). Principles and practices of automatic process control. 3rd edn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Thompson, S. (1989). Control systems engineering and design. London: Longman Scientific and Technical.