Skip to main content
Department: MSc Systems Engineering
Module Description: This module enables students to gain an understanding of Distributed and Discrete System analysis methods with the inclusion of irrational, finite time delay functions. Typically large scale dispersed system models and computer control regulation will be investigated.
- Giordano, F.R., Weir, M.D. and Fox W.P. (2014). A first course in mathematical modelling. 5th edn. Australia: Thompson Brooks/Cole.
- Kuo, B. and Golnaraghi, F. (2017). Automatic control systems. 10th edn. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.
- Nagrath, I. J. and Gopal, M. (2008). Control systems engineering. 5th edn. Kent, UK: Anshan.
- Nise, N.S. (2011). Control systems engineering. 6th edn. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons.
- Palm, W. J. (1986). Control systems engineering. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Skogestad, S. and Postlethwaite, I. (2005). Multivariable feedback control: analysis and design. 2nd edn. West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons.
- Smith, C.A. and Corripio, A.B. (2006). Principles and practices of automatic process control. 3rd edn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Tewari, A. (2002). Modern control system design with MATLAB and SIMULINK. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Williams, G. (2011). Linear algebra with applications. 7th edn. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.