Skip to main content
Department: MSc Systems Engineering
Module Description: This module is designed to familiarise students with automotive systems, prime movers and vehicle performance.
- Cengel, Y. A. & Ghajar, A.J. (2014). Heat and mass transfer: fundamentals and applications. 5th edn.Singapore: McGraw-Hill.
- Cha, P. D., Rosenberg, J. J. & Dym, C. L. (2000). Fundamentals of modeling and analysing engineering systems. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Chapra, S.C. (2017). Applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and scientists. 4th edn.New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chowanietz, E. (1999). Automobile electronics. 2nd rev. edn.Newnes.
- Heisler, H. (1999). Vehicle and engine technology. 2nd edn.Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Kiencke, U. & Nielsen, L. (2005). Automotive control systems: for engine, driveline and vehicle. 2nd edn.Berlin: Springer.
- Stone, R. (2012). Introduction to internal combustion engines. 4th edn.London: Palgrave Macmillan.