Skip to main content
Department: MSc Systems Engineering
Module Description: This module is designed to familiarise students with manufacturing systems, factory layout, machines, materials, production processes and performance.
- Dandy, G., Walker, D., Daniell, T. & Warner, R. (2018). Planning and design of engineering systems. 3rd edn.London: Taylor & Francis.
- Dieter, G. E. (2009). Engineering design. 4th edn.Boston, MA: McGraw Hill.
- Schiebe, M. (1992). Real- time systems: engineering and applications. Boston, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Taguchi, G., Chowdhury, S. & Wu, Y. (2008). Taguchi’s quality engineering handbook. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Askin, R.G. & Standridge, C.R. (1993). Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Cha, P. D., Rosenberg, J. J. & Dym, C. L. (2000). Fundamentals of modeling and analysing engineering systems. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Chapra, S.C. (2017). Applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and scientists. 4th edn. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Heizer, J. & Render, B. (2014). Principles of operations management. 9th Global edn.Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Hill, A. & Hill, T. (2012). Operations management. 3rd edn.New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Johnson, G., Scholes, K. & Whittington, R. (2017). Exploring strategy: text and cases. 11th edn.Harlow, England: Pearson.
- Kalpakjian, S. & Schmid, S. (2014). Manufacturing engineering and technology. 7th edn.Singapore: Prentice Hall.
- Slack, N., Chambers, S. & Johnston, R. (2016). Operations management. 8th rev. edn.Harlow, England: Person Education.
- Waller, D. L. (2003). Operations management: a supply chain approach. 2nd edn.Australia: South-Western/ Cengage Learning.