Skip to main content
Department: BSc in Business Management
Module Description: The aim of the module is to develop the student’s abilities to analyse and explain the fundamental financial theories and goals of financial management; identify the agency problem and ways to resolve it; explain the functions of financial markets and the modern financial instruments in use; evaluate investment decisions using discounted cash flow methods under the assumptions of certainty and to examine the role of risk and uncertainty in capital budgeting.
- Brealey, R. A., Myers, S. C. and Marcus, A. J. (2020). Fundamentals of corporate finance. 10th edn. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R., Jaffe, J. F. and Jordan, B. D. (2019). Corporate finance. 12th edn. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Arnold, G. (2019). Corporate financial management. 6th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson.
- Pike, R., Neale, B. and Akbar, S. (2018). Corporate finance and investment decisions and strategies. 9th edn. Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson.
- Watson, D. and Head, A. (2016). Corporate finance: principles and practice. 7th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson.