Check if your final dissertation / thesis meet the below formatting requirements.
- Times New Roman - 12-point typeface is the recommended standard for general use.
- Dissertation cover and front page
- Thesis cover page
- Thesis title page
Order of pages and numbering
Preliminary pages (Should not ne numbered)
- Title page
- Declaration Form
- Copyright and information to users
- Abstract (in English and in Arabic – for thesis & dissertations)
- Dedication (optional)
Content listings (Should have Roman pagination i.ii.iii.iv. etc. beginning with the table of contents)
- Table of contents
- List of illustrations
- List of tables
- List of definitions and/or abbreviations
Text (Regular page numbers 1, 2 , 3... starts from here till appendices)
- Introduction, chapters and conclusion
- List of references/bibliography
- The margin on the binding edge must be at least 3 cm.
- When photographs are mounted the binding margin must be increased to 4 cm
- Top and bottom of the page must be 3 cm
- Outer edge must be 2 cm.
- Use double line spacing throught the body of the text.
- Single-spacing is acceptable for quotations, footnotes, captions, etc and within items in the bibliography.
- Layout should be reasonably uniform in length of line and the number of lines per page.