Skip to main content
Department: MSc Business Administration
Module Description: This module will provide a solid understanding of the nature and content of HRM practices, and their application across a range of activities and different organisational contexts. It will cover a wide spectrum of activities from job analysis, HR planning through testing, selection, and training to performance management, job evaluation and pay systems. The module includes consideration of essential people management skills and effective management of interpersonal skills.
- Bratton, J. and Gold, G. (2012). Human resource management: theory and practice. 5th edn. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gomez-Mejia, L., Balkin, D. and Cardy, R. (2016). Managing human resources. 8th edn. New York: Prentice Hall.
- Marchington, M. and Wilkinson, A. (2012). Human resource management at work. 5th edn. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Mondy, R., Noe, R. and Premeaux, S. (2016). Human resource management. 14th edn. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Noe, R., Hollenbeck, G. B. and Patrick,W. (2015). Human resource management: gaining a competitive advantage. 9th edn. Boston: McGraw-Hill.