Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Department: MSc Business Administration
Module Description: This module will provide a solid understanding of the nature and content of HRM practices, and their application across a range of activities and different organisational contexts. It will cover a wide spectrum of activities from job analysis, HR planning through testing, selection, and training to performance management, job evaluation and pay systems. The module includes consideration of essential people management skills and effective management of interpersonal skills.
- Bratton, J. and Gold, G. (2012). Human resource management: theory and practice. 5th edn. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gomez-Mejia, L., Balkin, D. and Cardy, R. (2016). Managing human resources. 8th edn. New York: Prentice Hall.
- Marchington, M. and Wilkinson, A. (2012). Human resource management at work. 5th edn. London: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Mondy, R., Noe, R. and Premeaux, S. (2016). Human resource management. 14th edn. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Noe, R., Hollenbeck, G. B. and Patrick,W. (2015). Human resource management: gaining a competitive advantage. 9th edn. Boston: McGraw-Hill.