Developments in project management knowledge and its organisation
- Association of Project Management. (2012). The APM body of knowledge. 6th edn. Buckinghamshire: Association for Project Management.
- Bredillet, C., Yatim, F. and Ruiz, P. (2010). Project management deployment: the role of cultural factors. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 28, pp. 183-193. Request this item
- Crawford, L. and Pollack, J. (2007). How generic are project management knowledge and practice? Project Management Journal, March, pp. 87-96. Request this item
- Hodgson, D. (2008). ‘The new professionals: professionalisation and the struggle for occupational control in the field of project management’, in D. Muzio, S. Ackroyd and J. F. Chanlet (eds). Redirections in the study of expert labour: established professions and new expert occupations. Basingstoke: Palgrave, Macmillan, pp. 217–234.
- Project Management Institute. (2013). PMBOK guide: a guide to the project management body of knowledge. 5th edn. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute.
Knowledge management strategies
- Von Krogh, G., Nonaka, I. and Aben, M. (2001). Making the most of your company’s knowledge: a strategic framework. Long Range Planning, vol. 34, pp. 421-439. Request this item
Organisations and project contracts
Project management in the contexts of organisational power, control and conflict
- Thamhain, H. J. (2004). Linkages of project environment to performance: lessons for team leadership. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 22, pp. 533-544. Request this item
- Keegan, A.E. and Den Hartog, D.N. (2004). Transformational leadership in a project-based environment: a comparative study of the leadership styles of project managers and line managers. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 22, pp. 609-617. Request this item
- Lee-Kelley, L. and Sankey, T. (2008). Global virtual teams for value creation and project success: a case study. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 26, pp. 51-62. Request this item
Organisational culture and climate
- Eskerod, P. and Blichfeldt, B. S. (2005). Managing team entrees and withdrawals during the project life cycle. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 23, pp. 495-503. Request this item
- Van Marrewijk, A. (2007). Managing project culture: the case of Environ Megaproject. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 25, pp. 290-299. Request this item
- Labuschagne, C. and Brent, A. C. (2005). Sustainable project life cycle management: the need to integrate life cycles in the manufacturing sector. International Journal of Project Management, vol. 23, pp. 159-168. Request this item