Skip to main content
Department: PhD : Architecture and Sustainable Built Environment
Module Description: This module aims to provide students latest research development, knowledge and skills needed for achieving creation of healthy, comfortable and productive indoor environments. Students will acquire knowledge and skills needed to conduct independent research and/or practice as consultants in the industry on topical issues that include indoor air quality (IAQ) and thermal conditions, ventilation, sources and IAQ modelling, particle characterization, indoor air chemistry, environmental tobacco smoke, IAQ purification strategies biological agents effects, and infectious disease transmission and control.
- ANSI/ASHRAE 52.2-2007. Standard 52.2-2007 -- Method of Testing General Ventilation Air-Cleaning Devices for Removal Efficiency by Particle Size. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ANSI/ASHRAE Standards 62.1. Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality. American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- CIBSE (2011). KS17 Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation (CIBSE Knowledge Series 17) NEW. Chartered Institution of Builsing Services Engineers, UK.
- CIBSE (2006). KS06 Comfort (CIBSE Knowledge Series KS6). Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, UK.
- Chowell, G., Hayman, J.M., Bettencourt, L.M.A. & Castillo-Chavez, C. (ed.). (2009). Mathematical and statistical estimation approaches in epidemiology. Springer.
- Hall, M. (2010). Materials for Energy Efficiency and Thermal Comfort in Buildings. CRC Press.
- Hess-Kosa, K. (2011). Indoor air quality: The latest sampling and analytical methods. 2nd ed. CRC Press.
- Pepper, D.W. and Carrington, D. (2009). Modeling indoor air pollution. Imperial College Press.
- Raymer, P. (2009). Residential ventilation handbook: ventilation to improve indoor air quality. McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Rodgman, A. & Salem, W. (2008). The chemical components of tobacco and tobacco smoke. CRC Press.
- Rohani, P. & Keeling, M.J. (2007). Modeling infectious diseases in humans and animals. Princeton University Press.
- Salthammer, T., Uhde, E. (2009). Organic Indoor air pollutants: Occurrence, measurement, evaluation. 2nd ed.Wiley-VCH.
- Wolkoff, P. Knoppel, H. (2010). Chemical Microbiological, health and comfort aspects of indoor air quality-State of the art in SBS (Eurocourses: Chemical and Environmental science). Springer.
- White, R. & Vynnycky, E. (2010). An introduction to infectious diseases modelling. USA: Oxford University Press.