Skip to main content
Department: MSc Structural Engineering
Module Description: This module will develop students’ competences in structural design to advanced level. It will cover all aspects of structural design including concept, structural form, sustainability and detailed design in steel and concrete.
- Silva Luis Simões da et al. (2016). Design of steel structures : eurocode 3 - design of steel structures. 2nd edn. Brussels: ECCS - European Convention for Constructional Steelwork.
- Aghayere, A. O. & Limbrunner, G.F. (2014). Reinforced concrete design. 8th edn. Prentice Hall.
- ACI 318-14. (2014). Building code requirements for structural concrete and commentary. American Concrete Institute.
- Ferguson, P.M., Breem, J.E. & Jirsa, J.O. (1988). Reinforced concrete fundamentals. 5th edn. John Wiley and Sons.
- Johnson, R.P. (2004). Composite structures of steel and concrete: beams, slabs, columns, and frames for buildings. 4th edn. Blackwell Publishers.
- Mckenzie, W.M.C. (1998). Design of structural steel work to BS9590 and EC3. Palgrave.
- Nawy, E.G. (2009). Reinforced concrete: a fundamental approach. 6th edn. Prentice Hall.
- Nilson, A.H., Darwin, D. & Dolan, C.W. (2016). Design of concrete structures. 15th edn. McGraw-Hill.
- Park, R. & Paulay, T. (1975). Reinforced concrete structures. John Wiley and Sons.
- Reynolds, C.E. & Steedman, J.C. (2008). Reinforced concrete designer’s handbook. 11th edn. Taylor & Francis