Skip to main content
Department: MSc Structural Engineering
Module Description: This module will enable students to gain knowledge and understanding and provide scientific and practical information on a wide range of concrete durability issues. The module discusses a number of chemical as well as physical deterioration mechanisms and the modeling and predicting of their effects and also discusses what to consider in the design, selection of materials, and the construction processes to improve and control the concrete durability.
- Euro-International Committee for Concrete. (1997). Durable Concrete Structures: Design Guide. London: Thomas Telford.
- Maierhofer, C., Reinhardt, H.W. & Dobmann, G. (ed.). (2010). Non-destructive evaluation of reinforced concrete structures. Volume 1: Deterioration processes and standard test methods. Abington, Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing.
- Mays, G. (ed.). (1992). Durability of Concrete Structures: investigation, repair, protection. E & FN Spon.
- Page, C. L. & Page M. M. (ed.). (2007). Durability of concrete and cement composites. Woodhead Publishing.
- Poukhonto, L. M. (2003). Durability of concrete structures and constructions: silos, bunkers, reservoirs, water towers, retaining walls. Taylor & Francis.
- Sarja, A. (ed.). (1996). Durability design of concrete structures. RILEM Technical Committee. E & FN Spon.